Changing things up a bit with this month's post. I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with this format going forward but I wanted to try it out with a tighter edit since I only share select highlights from Instagram anyway. I don't t repost every single photo from Instagram on my blog since I try to share unique content across different types of social media. I might get flamed for saying that but that's what I personally like to see. I mean what's the point of following people on different platforms if they just post the same thing over and over. For more, click on over to Instagram and follow along if you like what see.
April was an interesting month. At times it felt like spring and at times it felt as if we were in the midst of winter again in NYC. This erratic shift in temperature really seems to have stifled the full bloom of some trees and flowers by my observation which is a bummer. I was a semi shut-in while Descendants of the Sun was still airing so I was pretty unproductive on Wednesdays and Thursdays in the mornings when I was live streaming the show. I actually scheduled my work and meetings around that.
- West Broadway is always nice to stroll along especially when the weather is nice.
- I've been semi-obsessed with yam leaves since trying them at a restaurant awhile back so I've been living up since they've been in season and cooking them a few times a week. They work well with my tried and true method of sauteeing with garlic, sometimes seasoned with fermented tofu.
- Pretty tulips spotted in the garden downstairs.
- Growing up Asian, noodle soup is like the best comfort food next to congee (rice porridge) They do a delicious braised beef noodle soup at Northen Tiger at Hudson Eats even if it is a little pricey.
- I caught these beautiful blossoms at City Hall Park. I had to hustle quickly after snapping this photo cause that park is like overrun with pigeons which I am both disgusted by and afraid of.
- My haul from the recent Sephora VIB sale was rather modest. I just didn't really need or want much at the time.
- Memebox is more my speed in terms of beauty shopping these days. Let me know if you want to see a review on any of these products. The Benton Aloe toner was for my husband and I have a review planned for the Let's Cure Honey Bunny Propolis Ampoule cause my skin seems to love propolis. I'm excited about Beauty Of Joseon Cream but I haven't tried it yet. Get 20% off your first Memebox order!
- Green grass is such a welcome sight!
- This corner on Crosby Street is so visually interesting. NYC tip: Walk on Crosby to avoid the crowds on Broadway.