A few highlights of this past month as seen on Instagram which serves as my unofficial food diary and love letter to NYC. Whew did August fly by quickly or what? It was a good month and I'm excited for what September will bring. Even though a heat wave came through last month, I don't want summer to end and plan to savor every last minute that's left of it. For more, click on over to Instagram and do follow if you like what you see.
Happy Labor Day to all my friends and readers in the US!
- The spicy beef noodles from Xi'an Famous Foods always hit the spot. Spicy food is especially appealing to me when it's hot.
- I only have ice cream a few times each summer so it's got to be the good stuff! Cha Cha Matcha's vanilla matcha soft serve is the good stuff. We also tried the rolled ice cream at 10 Below when we happened to walk by and there wasn't a crazy long line.
- Sushi makes me happy especially spicy scallop rolls with tobiko.
- My haul from the Peach & Lily sample sale. Already loving the 24/7 items!
- A beautiful hibiscus flower spotted on Park Avenue
- My husband received this Sugarfina Candy Bento set as a gift from one of his vendors. It included those Brut & Rose champagne gummy bears that everyone is talking about and they're good!
- Walking around midtown in between appointments. One of the things I love about NYC is how every part of this city has it's own unique energy.
- At the opening of the spectacular new Westfield World Trade Center Mall. It's great how far downtown Manhattan has come since 9/11 but it also makes me sad that it needed to be rebuilt in the first place.
- Moody skies over the Flatiron Building.