A few highlights of the past month as seen on Instagram which serves as my unofficial food diary and love letter to NYC. I also post quick reviews here and there. There were more than a few Chinese New Year related posts because it's big deal in my culture and life. You can see more on Instagram and do follow if you like what you see...
- Fire escapes are a familiar detail on the facades of a number of residential buildings and if you pay attention, some of them are quite striking looking.
- I made long life noodles with three types of mushrooms and choy sum vegetables for our Chinese New Year's eve dinner. I don't use a recipe anymore but I could probably write it out if anyone is interested so let me know.
- Festive red lanterns in Chinatown for the new year. I'm always tempted to buy one and then it's like what would I do with it once I bring it home.
- My January Play! by Sephora box. This is now my sole beauty subscription since I just canceled my 3B Box.
- Raindrops can be quite beautiful depending on your perspective and better yet when you're under cover.
- Garlic Crust Spicy Crispy Chicken at Korean gastropub Take31. The only thing that could make crispy chicken better is rolling it in crunchy bits of garlic before eating it. I really love garlic! Good thing it's a health food!
- Pretty packaging is something I always take notice of and this Bellocq tea packaging is just lovely.
- This Herbivore Botanicals Brighten Pineapple Enzyme + Gemstone Instant Glow Mask is my favorite facial treatment of the moment and my quick review details why.
- I've said it before but I have a real love/hate relationship with snow in the city but there's no denying that there's something magical about it when it's falling. This winter hasn't been that cold. I'm pretty sure climate change has something to do with that and anyone who doesn't see it is either blind, ignorant or just plain corrupt and greedy AF!