A few highlights of the past month as seen on Instagram which serves as my unofficial food diary and love letter to NYC. I also post quick reviews here and there and try to keep my content unique so it's not a bunch of photos from here. You can see more on Instagram and do follow if you like what you see...
- NYC really takes on a whole different mood when it rains
- I'm still obsessed with poke bowls and Maple makes it too easy to get one since they deliver their deliciousness right to our door.
- Somehow I ended up buying a bunch of masks at the Glow Recipe popup opening day sale cause masks are my jam. Snagged a Blithe Energy Yellow Citrus & Honey Splash Mask for $13! This is the only one I haven't tried yet. Check out my review!
- Xi'an Famous Foods moved to a new larger space but we still prefer takeout. What's up with them not accepting $100 bills?
- Rena got decked out in her Yankee gear for opening day baseball. Our team lost but it's a long season and there are still 159 games to go.
- When making dumplings, it's always a good decision to make some to boil and some to pan fry for a little contrast.
- Recently incorporated this ReSkin One Step Oil Cleanser into my routine and really liking it. Find out why in my mini review.
- What is about when you don't have something for the longest time that makes it taste so good when you finally do. That was the case with this zhaliang 炸兩. It's fried dough wrapped in rice noodles which is not the healthiest which is why it's a very occasional treat for us.
- I don't really enjoy walking on cobblestone streets but they do look seriously cool. Rain looks pretty cool in Soho...