Chicken with Soy Sauce and Balsamic Dressing
adapted from Harumi's Japanese Home Cooking by Harumi Kurihara
1 pound boneless chicken thighs
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 cups cabbage, chopped (bok choy also works well)
Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon oil for sautéeing
1. For the marinade, whisk together soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic and pepper.
2. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and marinate for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade and sauté it until evenly browned and cooked through.
4. Add the marinade into the pan and simmer for a few minutes and set aside.
5. Sauté the cabbage until cooked and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Lightly toss the chicken with the cabbage and pour any remaining sauce over the dish.